Monday, December 31, 2012

Post 4

December 31. I’ve been awake ever since I watched the video, and I’m starting to feel sick from the lack of sleep I’ve gotten since coming to the motel. After getting directions, I walked to Woodburrow Park, which took about fifteen minutes, and found a bench to sit on while I waited for noon to come.

The place was huge. Two baseball diamonds, a blacktop basketball court, playground, and huge fields all encompassed and connected by an even larger array of pathways. There was also about half a foot of snow on the ground, and in the distance I could see a group of kids having a snowball fight. Though, oddly enough, not a parent in sight.

I kept a close eye on my watch as the designated time drew closer and closer, and I could feel myself tensing up. I don't know why, to be honest. I’ve never really been an anxious sort of person, but I guess what’s been happening lately is enough to throw anyone off their game.

Even worse, I felt like I was being watched. I just had this uneasy feeling in my stomach, like someone had their eyes on me. And that’s when he approached me. He was wearing a black coat and his face was covered by a black ski mask. “Take this,” he said as he tossed a heavy manila envelope into my lap, and before I could start asking questions he said, “Don't go out at night. And stay away from the woods.” And with that he ran off. I tried to chase after him, but he was too fast.

Cold and annoyed I started making my way back to the motel when I noticed that all of the children were staring into the distance. I didn't bother trying to figure out what it was they were all looking at, so I quickly continued on my way back to the motel.

I’m going to open the envelope once this is posted online. I’ll detail the contents once I’ve gone through them all.

Also, now that I think about it, it’s awfully strange that he managed to find me right at noon in that huge park. We never discussed where we would meet once I got there. Can I trust him?

No comments:

Post a Comment